- Saving sinking ships: I’ve heard of flipping houses, but flipping ships? A massive, 55,000 ton super-freighter packed with cars from Japan nearly capsizes off Alaska. Who ya’ gonna call? These guys: High Tech Cowboys of the Deep Seas. This is an amazing story, superb narrative, photos and illustrations. Don’t miss it.
- Cain-ing the neo-atheists: R.R. Reno proves himself more than, err, Able to the task: The Offense of Piety
- The most important man you never heard of: Henry Okah
- Honor thy father and thy mother — or not:
One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don’t do anything at all
— Jefferson Airplane, “White Rabbit”
Francis Schaeffer was one of the great intellectual minds in Christianity in the 20th century. His son Frank, however, has left the fold, and written a tell-all expose (Crazy for God) dissing his parents as crazy fanatics, while playing to the secular audience so receptive and fawning to fallen-away Christians. Frank has clearly taken the first pill, and made himself much, much smaller in the process: Crazy for God
- David Warren nails another fine essay on postmodern culture: Science v. wisdom
That’s all for now. Take care, God bless.