This week’s links:
- Global warming slapdown: There’s plenty of heat and very little light in the global warming hysteria. Here’s a breath of fresh air: Challenge to Scientific Consensus on Global Warming:
A new analysis of peer-reviewed literature reveals that more than 500 scientists have published evidence refuting at least one element of current man-made global warming scares. More than 300 of the scientists found evidence that 1) a natural moderate 1,500-year climate cycle has produced more than a dozen global warmings similar to ours since the last Ice Age and/or that 2) our Modern Warming is linked strongly to variations in the sun’s irradiance. “This data and the list of scientists make a mockery of recent claims that a scientific consensus blames humans as the primary cause of global temperature increases since 1850,” said Hudson Institute Senior Fellow Dennis Avery….
“We have had a Greenhouse Theory with no evidence to support it-except a moderate warming turned into a scare by computer models whose results have never been verified with real-world events,” said co-author Singer. “On the other hand, we have compelling evidence of a real-world climate cycle averaging 1470 years (plus or minus 500) running through the last million years of history. The climate cycle has above all been moderate, and the trees, bears, birds, and humans have quietly adapted.”
“Two thousand years of published human histories say that the warm periods were good for people,” says Avery. “It was the harsh, unstable Dark Ages and Little Ice Age that brought bigger storms, untimely frost, widespread famine and plagues of disease.”
- The Dems & Gen. Petraeus: Some great cartoons over at Flopping Aces:
(HT: Maggies Farm)
- It’s Knot What You Think: This could help my surgical skills — or knot: Animated Knots (HT: Neatorama)
- San Fran Health Plan: San Francisco tries covering everyone — in San Francisco. Interesting, in some ways; the devil’s in the details, especially how much it will cost and who pays (usually businesses, who will likely migrate outside the city if the burden is too onerous): San Francisco to Offer Care for Uninsured Adults
- Catholic & Protestant: Happy Catholic gets it exactly right: Back of the Bus” Christians? No Way.
- The truth about indulgences: Bad rep, indulgences: selling salvation, seriously PO’d Martin Luther and fomented the Protestant Reformation. Like the Crusades, much misunderstood, however, and the truth is far different from the conventioal wisdom (isn’t it always?). Here’s the scoop in all its glorious detail: Indulgences
That’s all for now. God bless, have a great week.